Sunday, March 04, 2007

CQI Christmas DYB Round Robin - Jakkie's Block

Finally catching up on round robin blocks - this time it is Jakkie's Christmas DYB Round Robin. Jakkie and Debbie have both been so patient with me as I struggle to catch up - thank you ladies so much! Once again, I had a beautiful block to embellish. With all the golds and creams on the block I couldn't resist adding some of the trims I got from Mokuba in Toronto. I used some lovely buttons I obtained recently. It was a great chance to play with all my new "toys"! LOL Other than that it was seams, lace, ribbon and beads and, of course, some counted cross stitch/waste canvas motifs - two this time - both the cardinal and the Christmas tree. I hope that Jakkie will like what I have done on it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Charlene ♥ NC said...

Very nice embellishing! Ho ho ho!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the cross-stitch motifs you do on these blocks? Where do you get them?

11:28 PM  
Blogger kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Thank you for your kind words! Debbie, I pick these little cross stitch patterns up all ovr the place - books, etc. and I lift the small motifs out of larger cross stitch patterns a lot of the time.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Janet Morningstar said...

Boy, you've been busy. Nice pictures.

10:25 PM  
Blogger kerrykatiecakes2 said...

testing...testing...1-2-3

8:23 AM  
Blogger kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I have to give up on this blog - simply can't get in to post to it anymore! So, instead I have started "my blog - the sequel" at: http://kerrykatiecakes2.blogspot.com/

See you there!
Hugs,
KErry

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home