Sunday, December 31, 2006

Beaded Dragonfly from Lynn

I wish I took pictures well enough to show
just how much this little guy sparkles.
The beads are so lovely. His wings are
made of tiny gold bugle beads and the
tiniest pale green seed beads. His body
and tail are of different shades of green
in varying sizes, and he really does
sparkle! He is about two and a half
inches across and three and a half inches
long. I received him as a Christmas pressie
from Lynn and I love him! Thank you Lynn!

Isn't it interesting how often insects in
different lace, beaded or stitched forms
find themselves onto our crazy quilts? It
has been this way since the early
Victorian quilts. Other than the spider in
his delicate web who often appears for
luck, the dragonfly is the next most likely
to appear on our quilts. Is it because the insect world is a source of the exotic no matter how commonplace its inhabitants might be? He is surely as near to the fierce beauty of a dragon as we can get outside of our dreams!

4 Comments:

Blogger Diamond D said...

Kerry I love your blog and the notes you have made. Thanks for sharing the wonderful works of art with us.....I'm going to be watching now for your UFO or WIPs to come floating across the screen from time to time. You have inspired me also to set up a little blog here if I can possibly figure out how to do so.
Have a great 2007 and I know we will be in touch often. BTW glad to hear you are still in CQI group.
Hugs

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry

Like Dee, I love your blog. I guess I need to figure out how to do one here as well.

I think most of us from CQG will be stitching along with Sharon on Tuesdays.

Great job so far. Keep it up.

Hugs - Shari

12:43 PM  
Blogger Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Kerry, Shari and Dee -- welcome to Bloggersville -- I know we will have a fun time checking out each other's blog and keeping up the stitch with Sharon on Tuesdays. Happy New Year. Hugz, Jackie

8:00 PM  
Blogger kerrykatiecakes said...

Kitty, Dee & Jackie - thank you for checking out my blog! And I will make sure to keep up with yours too! It is such a busy day today - I meant to do the Mystery Quilt on Planet Patchwork and didn't even get started! And I am just heading over to Sharon B's blog now to see if anything is up yet - I can't wait to see the first stitch in the challenge!

Hugs,
Kerry

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home